The 2021/2022 winter season will be full of questions. What will the snowboarding and ski holiday, popular among the Dutch, look like after corona? Or rather: even during corona. Each country has its own rules. The final measures in Austria are a good example of what you can expect.
Tip of the veil: It’s not that bad, and you don’t need to worry about waiting in long lines at elevators. Yes, even if you’re not vaccinated, you can still travel on holiday. It’s much better than last year. Although there was still hope for January, it came to nothing.
These measures are now in place for Austria and will also be used to compare other countries that have popular winter sports. There are minor differences between countries. Here is a list of the most important measures that Austrian winter sports will need to follow in the 2021/2022 season.
• You need a 3-G certificate (vaccinated, cured, tested) to use ski lifts. When ski passes are sold at cash registers, the Corona Check app is used to verify that they have been properly vaccinated. It is sufficient to take a one-time test for winter sports.
• Mountain huts and restaurants are accessible upon presentation of a 3-G certificate. These are not now closed in Austria as was previously thought.
• The same rules apply to après-ski as to night gastronomy. Après-ski is therefore allowed, albeit under strict conditions and with measures. The 3-G proof suffices in this instance. The 2-G rule can be applied if the situation surrounding corona becomes more serious. This means that only those who have been vaccinated or are cured can access the corona.
• There is no capacity limitation for ski lifts. Austrian winter sports areas want to minimize long queues at the lift.
• Everyone is obliged to wear an FFP2 face mask in closed ski lifts. For winter sports in 2021/2022, you will need to wear a medical face mask.
The most important measures in Austria regarding winter sports and corona are shown above. This is a detailed overview of all rules find you here. This will ensure that you are fully prepared for your trip.
Are you looking for a low-budget holiday in winter sports? Check out these options: these seven areasOther than the Alps’ most visited regions.