The smartphone receives Android 12 while it waits for Android 12 on the phone, something that would happen more or less throughout December of this year. OxygenOS 22.214.171.124In many regions, the European was the first to receive an update notice. The ambient screen can now be set up with Bitmoji and allows for AOD screenshots. You can also use OnePlus Buds Pro, and we will review other improvements below.
All OxygenOs upgrades for the OnePlus 8T
The most recent high-end OnePlus includes several bug fixes as well as a number of optimizations. These were listed by OnePlus within its changelog with the goal of making the smartphone more comfortable to use. This is the only thing the update to the smartphone has.
- Compatibility and new powerful features of the OnePlus Buds Pro
- Screenshot function to enable Always On Display
- Fixed navigation gestures crash in certain scenarios
- System stability has been improved and known issues have been fixed
- Optimized the portrait mode effect for the front camera
- Environment display
- Bitmoji functions were added to the AOD screen. These new characters were co-designed by Snapchat and will brighten the ambient display with your Bitmoji avatar. Your activity and what happens around you will affect how your avatar updates throughout the day. You will need to open the Configuration panel and select Personalization. Next, choose Clock on Ambient Screen.
We must also mention that the new software comes with an Android security patch which is available as of August, and it is fully protected.
OnePlus notes that the update is available in Europe at the moment, but doesn’t give any details about when it will be available in other regions. You can check whether a package is awaiting download and install by going to Settings>> System> System Updates and selecting Check for updates.