London- Promoter Eddie Hearn announced on Tuesday that Britain’s fight for the undisputed heavyweight title between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury will be in Saudi Arabia. get on.
On behalf of Hearn, Joshua said that the battle will take place on August 7 or August 14. He said that August 14 is his favorite date, because by then the Tokyo Olympics will end and Joshua-Fury will become a bigger “global show”.
Hearn told Sky Sports: “This battle will take place in Saudi Arabia. This is a little-known secret. To be honest, I don’t mind sharing this information with you.”
The angry American promoter Bob Arum has previously stated that the battle will take place in Saudi Arabia.
Hearn did not immediately respond to an inquiry from the Associated Press to confirm the details of the battle.
This will be the second battle during Joshua’s reign. He restored the WBA, IBF and WBO conveyor belts from Andy Ruiz in Mexico in December 2019.
Since then, Joshua’s only battle has been to defend his title by eliminating Kubrat Pulev in December.
Since defeating Deontay Wilder in February last year to win the WBC headband, Fury has not been on the court.
Fury and Joshua spent the past 24 hours on Twitter, urging each other to complete the terms of the lawsuit.
Hearn said that “the transaction has been completed,” but both parties were frustrated that there was no official announcement.
He said: “From our point of view and AJ, we are ready. From Tyson Free’s point of view, there are several lawyers above him.”
Hearn added: “We have to reach a consensus on this. I will not stop until we reach a consensus. We can all move on. We are ready to stand on our side. We are not far from their side It is inevitable.”