Four women and one man between 50-70 years old were killed in the attack. Two others were also hurt. The police did not report the use of any other weapons. Additional investigation, research and collection of additional testimonies is needed. These are some examples.
Madrid (European News Agency). The man who was arrested for the attack on Kongsberg in Norway with a bow-and-arrow, killing 5 people, has confessed to police. Because of possible radicalization, the police identified the suspect to be a convert from Islam. The risks of.
The attack resulted in four deaths of women aged 50 to 70 and one death of a man aged 70. Two more were also hurt. Two other people were also injured. Additional investigation, research and collection of testimonies is needed. These are some examples.
Ole Bredrup Saeverud (Police Chief) confirmed that the suspect is a Danish man aged 37 who has been brought to the attention of authorities. However, the main hypothesis at the moment is a terrorism variable. “At the moment, this seems to be an act terrorist,” said the agency.
When the security forces interrogated the suspect, he had already admitted to the involvement in the attack and seemed open to cooperating with them. TV2 reports that police believed he was acting by himself.
Sources cited by the NRK chain claim that Kongsberg detainees have been convicted multiple time despite minor offenses like theft or the purchase small amounts of drugs. After threatening to kill his family member, he was issued a six-month restraining warrant in 2020.
The chief of police stated that the notice regarding this individual was not in accordance with 2021. However, he was reluctantly to give too much detail. The alert level was not raised at the agency’s request. The agency acknowledged the possibility that extremist Islamists could continue to attack Norway and reminded that random attacks against people are a common mode of operation in this type terrorism.
Even though the terrorist attack that killed the most people in Norway’s history was more than ten-years ago was July 2011, it was committed by right-wing extremist Anders Behring Breivik (Anders Behring Breivik), and was located in the middle of Oslo. The car bomb that killed 77 people also massacred the participants in the Utoya Island labor camp.
Jan Christian Vestre and Tonje Brenna, who were both in Utoya during the shooting, were named the ministers of industry and education in the new government headed by Jonas Gahr Store.
The entire political class condemned and rejected the incident, including Erna Solberg (outgoing Prime Minister), who was replaced by Jonas Gard from Labor Party Jonas Gard. On Thursday, the royal family offered condolences.
King Harald expressed his sorrow for the “tragic” events and said that he was shocked by them. In a statement, King Harald expressed condolences for the families of the victims as well as the small town Kongsberg and said that the whole country was beside him.