Experts say that the loss of taste and smell after infection may last up to 5 months
This Loss of taste and smell Is one of the symptoms of Covid-19 and also More lasting sequelae Among those who suffer from this disease.
A study by the American Academy of Neuroscience Reported The loss of these senses will continue Up to 5 months after infection.
Life without smell or tasting food like before coronavirus It can be difficult, especially if the flavor is distorted bitter Or other unpleasant.
The taste of the food may be mild, salty, sweet or metal Although in most cases these changes are short-term, they may affect your appetite and food intake.
The British Ministry of Health published A series of recommendations Improve the taste of food Covid-19 recovery And some techniques to regain taste and smell. record!
1) Prepare your favorite food Make sure you eat well. The taste may change, so please pay attention to all tips.
2) Keep the oral cavity clean.Brush your teeth sooner or later, but If your mouth feels dry, drink water Or uncomfortable. Experts asked to avoid alcohol-based mouthwashes.
3) If the smell released during cooking eliminates your hunger, please select Eat cold food Or cook it in the microwave for a while.
4) If you have no problem with swallowing food, British experts recommend Try different flavors, Food texture and temperature to find the most edible food.
5) Eating protein, such as meat, fish and eggs, is important for the recovery of Covid-19, but protein-containing foods can Bitterness or metal. To improve its flavor, you can mix them in sweet and sour marinades.
6) Sucking candies and mints It can help you restore your taste before or after eating.
7) If the food is a bit like “metal” to you, replace your metal tableware with plastic or glass tableware.
8) They added: “The change in saltiness or bitterness can be improved by choosing low-salt varieties and adding sweeteners to food or beverages, such as sweeteners, honey or sugar.”