They warned that this would have a devastating effect on world football
Zurich Switzerland– Clubs across Europe joined forces today to condemn FIFA’s attempt to break its plan to host the World Cup every two years and warned that this will have a devastating effect on world football.
FIFA has been broadcasting internal interviews with retired players and former coaches to the media to rush to win the support of national associations and increase the frequency of the men’s World Cup from once every four years to once every two years. It looks like an added event.
The European Club Association (ECA) has reacted angrily to Gianni Infantino, FIFA president. They claim that the ECA violated legal obligations and are busy fundamentally changing the sport.
ECA said it will support a balanced team and national football approach. It will reduce the five window periods that are normally opened within one year so that players can be loaned for matches of national representatives. FIFA’s apparent inability to commit to a new schedule of friendly matches and official team matches for 2024 has caused concern.
UEFA previously expressed concern over FIFA’s conduct, and now ECA has joined the ranks. ECA represents 234 clubs across continental Europe.
The Club Association said in a statement to the Associated Press: “Therefore, ECA has expressed serious concerns and warnings about FIFA’s proactive PR campaign and pretends and is clearly seeking to make way for it. FIFA’s date, especially It was with the launch of the biennial World Cup.”
All 211 FIFA member organizations were invited Thursday to an online conversation about the new schedule.
Infantino visited Crown Prince Mohammed ben Salman many times in this year.
The Saudi Arabia Federation presented to Congress a proposal in May that FIFA consider hosting a biennial World Cup. The Saudis have become one of Infantino’s closest allies, and he visited Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman many times this year.