The “blackout challenge” caused his brain death, and his funeral was on Monday.
In the United States, a 12-year-old boy died due to compliance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child. The challenge is posted on TikTok until you lose consciousnessHis family reported on Wednesday.
According to a post posted online by Olinger Hampden Mortuary & Cemetery, Joshua Haileyesus passed away on Saturday. Denver.
He was admitted to the pediatric hospital Colorado According to GoFundMe’s page, the page initially withdrew from life support on March 22, but then withdrew from life support 19 days later. The column was originally designed to raise medical expenses and is now raising funds for his funeral.
His twin brother discovered that he had passed out in the bathroom of Aurora’s home in the suburbs on March 22. KCNC-TV reported that the doctor told the family that the boy had brain death.
Father Haieyesus Zerihun told the TV station that a few days before his son was found unconscious, he boasted to the power brothers Hold your breath One minute. The “Power Outage Challenge” on TikTok requires users to hold their breath until they pass out.
The GoFundMe page said: “His parents didn’t know that Joshua didn’t realize the risks involved when playing this dangerous game.”
Joshua’s family hopes his story will inspire others to talk about any harmful games or challenges for children and young people Spread through social networks.
TikTok “Deep condolences” have been expressed to the boy and his family.
TikTok search #blackoutchallenge They did not return results, but warned that the phrase might be related to behavior or content that violated the site’s guidelines.
Joshua’s funeral is scheduled for Monday.