This World Health Organization The experts convened are all independent to Start learning Quick review International response to the COVID pandemic The results are worrying. Anyway? Disaster can be avoided.
They pointed out that without international cooperation, global preparations failed, and the response was very moderate. Of course, political leadership was insufficient.
“COVID is still a global disaster”, Pointed out Independent Pandemic Preparedness and Response Team,by WHO. “But the worst part is that this is an avoidable disaster.”
That report (Can be downloaded here) List failures The most obvious in the world In this disaster.
The important thing is The purpose of this is not to cry for spilled milkOn the contrary, this research is only a wake-up call.May the world concentrate on fighting the flu pandemic this morning Coronavirus disease, But tomorrow we will begin to prepare for the next crisis we may face. So, let it be a lesson for us.
What’s wrong with managing COVID?
although Independent group All the flaws in the response and preparation steps were found. During the research, they worked hard to be punctual and focused on 7 specific errors. They went:
- Not prepared: Despite warnings of a possible pandemic, there are neither designated preparations nor resources for similar events.
- We are slow to declare an emergency: Despite the discovery of the COVID pathogen in December 2019, precious months have passed, and a quick or effective response has been produced in the process to alert the world to the scale of the emergency.
- Countries did not act quickly: However, since the emergency declaration is too late, things have become more complicated because too many countries choose to “wait and watch what happens” instead of adopting active containment strategies.
- Without global coordination: Experts point out that due to international tensions, the global leadership has failed. Each country is responding to the epidemic alone.
- The money is gone: One of the interesting points they pointed out is that the emergency fund in the whole world has failed, and as mentioned above, International Wool has not yet arrived. Lack of funds for testing, medical equipment or vaccines for everyone.
- WHO has no teeth: They commented that despite warnings or guidelines, member states have not given the World Health Organization enough power to take any action in this situation. Just a statement.
- Increased inequality: Due to lack of planning and social security, the COVID pandemic eventually affected the world’s most vulnerable people to a greater extent.
The good news is that they found some positive aspects that can be used as lessons.
The value of research commissioned by WHO to health workers, open data sharing information, some successful cases, and of course comments on the value of health workers. The historical speed of vaccine development.
Would you like to read the complete research report of the Independent Panel on Pandemic Preparedness and Response, commissioned by the World Health Organization? They can find it Here.