It is speculated that the child was infected with the microbe after cooling down after playing a water game in a recreational park in Arlington, Texas. Within five days, the disease can cause death.
Mexico City (apro). -According to CNN, in early September, a child was infected with the “brain-eating” amoeba in a water source at Don Misenhimer Recreation Park in Arlington, North Texas, USA.
In a joint statement, the Tarrant County Department of Public Health (City of Arlington) stated that the boy was admitted to hospital with primary amoebic meningoencephalitis. Amoeba Flexneri is responsible for the death of this boy. .
After six days in the hospital the boy died on September 11. The public was shocked by this uncertainty. Therefore, the authorities reported the case, but did not provide accurate details about the minor’s identity in order to respect the privacy of him and his family.
According to the US News Network NBC, minors could have amoeba infection after they played a game called a “splashpad” or cooling down in the home.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), however, tested water samples from two locations and found amoeba in park fountains.
Lemuel RANDOL, Arlington Assistant Secretary-of-State, stated in an interview with NBC that “the employees of the Parks and Recreation Department do not have any records or, in some cases, they did not provide the required water quality before each facility opens every day.” Test.
CNN was assured by him that there were no gaps in their daily inspection plan.
These gaps have prevented us from meeting our rig maintenance standards. Randolph stated that all of them will be closed until we can confirm that our systems work properly and have established maintenance agreements that conform to state, city and county standards.
Jim Rose, Arlington’s Mayor, made the decision to close all water-based games at the park while he reviewed the situation and devised ways to prevent further deaths.
It broke my heart. I am the father and grandfather of four children and five grandchildren, aged 2 to 7. CNN affiliate KTVT told him that he could not imagine having to bury a grandchild or son this way.
It’s a parasite that can be found in warm, contaminated water and underground. It can enter the human body through the nose.
The symptoms are similar to bacterial medinitis and include headaches, nausea, vomiting and stiff neck.
This disease is very rapid and can cause death in as little as five days.
“Infections most commonly occur when people swim or dive into warm freshwater places like lakes and rivers. However, there are cases of contaminated water coming from other sources, such heated or under-chlorinated pools or contaminated tapwater. The control center stated that disease prevention is possible.
In fact, it was clarified in the press release that the chlorination level of water games was within an acceptable range two days before the child’s visit, but the chlorination level had fallen below the minimum on the second day after the child’s visit. The addition of chlorine was cancelled. The water system could be contaminated.
according to CDCFrom 2010 to 2019, the country reported 34 cases of infection, of which 30 people were infected in the water of leisure places; 3 In his backyard, he used contaminated taps and water from the “Slip’N Slide” game for nasal irrigation Rear.